2 Day Workshop
Key to harmony in a country as diverse as ours is mutual respect of employees towards each other and to all outsiders that have dealings with the company.
Our training session, Dignity in the Workplace, focuses on creating harmony and mutual respect for each other and evokes actively finding out more about each other to enhance an understanding of each other. We discuss the meaning of difficult concepts like: Race, Diversity, Cultural Sensitivity and Transformation.
In our training, we strive to help employees move towards creating a ‘culture of one’ within the workplace, while retaining their individual values, to enhance greater co-operation and productivity.
OUR MODULES INCLUDE:
- Understanding culture and what forms us
- Values and norms
- Stereotyping and bias
- What to look out for, when we infringe on the dignity of others
- Creating a more harmonious environment through sensitization and awareness
We include exercises, story-sharing, courageous conversations and activities in our training, to ensure deeper understanding of the principles covered. Delegates, who have attended this course have described it as ‘life-changing’.
‘to create an environment where acceptance of each other becomes the ideal to strive for – within the context of what’s best for the company’
This is a two-day workshop. The learnings required are difficult to complete in one day – the overnight reflection is required to introduce real change and introspection.
Introducing each other and an introduction to the process by the facilitator Creating a safe space and agreeing terms of engagement
What does it mean? Why would we want to transform? Understanding Internalised Dominance and Oppression
- Emotional Intelligence
What do we require to make the shifts necessary.
- Watching clips that highlight bias, stereotyping De-briefing on clips and reflection on learnings
- Reflection on the day before and overnight thoughts.
- Topics: What is white privilege and can black people be racist?
- Listening: Discussing and practising active listening.
- Silent conversations: Share issues safely and anonymously. Individually, or in pairs put issues on cards and map onto the wall. Gallery approach and discussion.
- Courageous Conversations. What are courageous conversations? How do we integrate this into our day-to-day activities and make it ‘business as usual’.
- Action plans. Identifying levels of change. Individual vs Collective. 7.Reflection and Closing.